- Turf Grass Seed Bluegrass, Bentgrass, Ryegrass, Fescues...
- Forage Seed Bromes, Clovers, Fescue, Wheatgrass, Legumes
- Grains Wheat Grain, Rye Grain
- Cover Crop Seed Buckwheat, Clover, Peas, Ryegrain
- Wildflower Seed Mixtures, Singles, Annual, Perennial
RHIZING STAR is a rhizomateous tall fescue characterized by the ability to form new plants off the mother plant via a system of rhizomes. This lateral spreading results in a webbed turf with excellent wear tolerance and self repairing properties. Rhizing Star is an attractive medium dark green with leaves that are moderately fine textured, and is resistant to Brown Patch and other common turf diseases. This heat tolerant variety is also endophyte enhanced for a natural defense against damage from surface feeding insects.
ADAPTATION: Rhizing Star is recommended for permanent turf in full or partial sun on golf course roughs and out-of-bounds areas and other low maintenance sites. It is suitable for seeding as a straight, in mixes, or as a blend with other species that are considered compatible with tall fescue. Rhizing Star is ideal for sod production because of its rhizomateous properties which enhance the quick formation of durable sod.
SEEDING RATE: 7-8 lbs. p/1000 sq. ft.