- Turf Grass Seed Bluegrass, Bentgrass, Ryegrass, Fescues...
- Forage Seed Bromes, Clovers, Fescue, Wheatgrass, Legumes
- Grains Wheat Grain, Rye Grain
- Cover Crop Seed Buckwheat, Clover, Peas, Ryegrain
- Wildflower Seed Mixtures, Singles, Annual, Perennial
ZORRO is an Italian ryegrass variety with superior winter hardiness. Recent test results from Kentucky show Zorro has higher yields than most of the standard varieties. Italian ryegrasses do not head out in the sowing year if they are planted in the spring. A spring planting increases the
yields and longevity of the crop,which can persist for two years as opposed to one year for annual ryegrasses.
ADAPTATION: Zorro can be used in situations where a short term cover is desired, as in a crop rotation with corn and soybeans. An advantage of Zorro is that is keeps growing later into the summer than any of the Annual Ryegrass varieties – a fact which makes Zorro a good choice whenever summer forage production is critical. During the month of September at the trials in Lexington, KY, Zorro was still growing one year after planting while the annual ryegrasses had died out.
SEEDING RATE: 40 lbs per acre