- Turf Grass Seed Bluegrass, Bentgrass, Ryegrass, Fescues...
- Forage Seed Bromes, Clovers, Fescue, Wheatgrass, Legumes
- Grains Wheat Grain, Rye Grain
- Cover Crop Seed Buckwheat, Clover, Peas, Ryegrain
- Wildflower Seed Mixtures, Singles, Annual, Perennial
CHANTILLY (IS-FRR 51) is a beautiful strong creeping red fescue resulting from recurrent selections and crosses using plants from persistent older turfs and plants harvested from the Portland, Oregon area containing “Rose City Endophyte”. The natural presence of endophyte works to repel surface feeding insects and subsequent vulnerability to stresses and disease, especially red thread.Possessing a dark green color with bright highlights, abundant tillers for increased density and the absence of leaf disease, the inherent beauty of Chantilly is evident in the quality of the turf produced.
ADAPTATION: Chantilly is best suited for ornamental lawns, golf course roughs and shaded fairways as a component in mixes or blends. Low growing and persistent under minimal management, Chantilly is ideal for low maintenance areas, parks and commercial applications.
SEEDING RATE: 4-6 lbs. p/1000 sq ft