- Turf Grass Seed Bluegrass, Bentgrass, Ryegrass, Fescues...
- Forage Seed Bromes, Clovers, Fescue, Wheatgrass, Legumes
- Grains Wheat Grain, Rye Grain
- Cover Crop Seed Buckwheat, Clover, Peas, Ryegrain
- Wildflower Seed Mixtures, Singles, Annual, Perennial
Cover Crop Planting Guidelines
Produce more humus. This also prepares the soil for the seed. You may use either a drop spreader or a broadcast spreader, or you may broadcast the seed by hand. For more even coverage, make two seeding passes over the garden at right angles to each other. Lightly rake the seed into the top 1/4 inch of soil. The seed must be covered and be in firm contact with the soil for best germination. If you seed before fall rains begin, the seeded area should be watered lightly to keep it moist until the seed germinates.