- Turf Grass Seed Bluegrass, Bentgrass, Ryegrass, Fescues...
- Forage Seed Bromes, Clovers, Fescue, Wheatgrass, Legumes
- Grains Wheat Grain, Rye Grain
- Cover Crop Seed Buckwheat, Clover, Peas, Ryegrain
- Wildflower Seed Mixtures, Singles, Annual, Perennial
CLAIR Timothy is a dynamic high yielding, high quality, rust resistant, early maturing variety that ages 1-2 weeks earlier than other varieties. It has high first and second year forage production, performing best in soils with a pH between 5.5 to 7.0.
AREAS OF USE: Clair Timothy is primarily used for hay and fits well in mixtures with an adapted legume such as alfalfa or red clover. It is a top choice for horse pastures due to early production, excellent endurance and outstanding yields (over 24% higher than the average in recent trials). Can be seeded in late summer/early fall or late winter/early spring. Not suitable for very wet soils, drought areas or climates with prolonged high temperatures. Will tolerate somewhat poorly drained soils.
SEEDING RATE: 10-12 lbs. p/ac