- Turf Grass Seed Bluegrass, Bentgrass, Ryegrass, Fescues...
- Forage Seed Bromes, Clovers, Fescue, Wheatgrass, Legumes
- Grains Wheat Grain, Rye Grain
- Cover Crop Seed Buckwheat, Clover, Peas, Ryegrain
- Wildflower Seed Mixtures, Singles, Annual, Perennial
FOJTAN Festulolium was bred in the DLF Festulolium breeding program located in the Czech Republic. Fojtan is different from most festuloliums on the market in that it has a tall fescue in the hybrid cross rather than the traditional meadow fescue. Due to its parentage, Fojtan looks and grows like a tall fescue, but because of the ryegrass parentage has a higher forage
FOJTAN has relatively fine-textured leaves and forms a dense sod. Palatability is good. The maturity of Fojtan is similar to a late-maturity tall fescue. It reaches prime quality about the same time as alfalfa. Fojtan is a top choice for grazing, silage and dry hay. It has excellent forage quality, good rust resistance, strong winterhardiness and persistence.
ADAPTION: Can be used as a component in long term high quality forage mixtures and pairs well with alfalfa in alfalfa/grass mixtures.
SEEDING RATES: Pure Stand: 20-30 lbs/ac | Mixed: 5-15 lbs/ac