- Turf Grass Seed Bluegrass, Bentgrass, Ryegrass, Fescues...
- Forage Seed Bromes, Clovers, Fescue, Wheatgrass, Legumes
- Grains Wheat Grain, Rye Grain
- Cover Crop Seed Buckwheat, Clover, Peas, Ryegrain
- Wildflower Seed Mixtures, Singles, Annual, Perennial
GULF annual ryegrass is lighter green and somewhat courser than perennial ryegrass. It’s less heat tolerant than perennial ryegrass, which is an advantage when overseeding, because annual ryegrass will disappear before it interferes with the growth of warm season grasses. Gulf has exhibited strong seedling vigor conducive for a weed-free turf and it requires minimal pesticide inputs.
ADAPTATION: Gulf was developed for winter overseeding of dormant bermudagrass turf where rapid spring transition is desired. If seeded alone, Gulf is a quick cover that will over-winter if planted in the fall. This is useful for athletic fields that receive Playing pressure, and in situations where adequate turf is needed on very short notice.
SEEDING RATES: New Lawn: 10-12 lbs per 1,000 sq ft | Overseeding Tees: 20-25 lbs per 1,000 sq ft
Overseeding Fairways: 15-20 lbs per 1,000 sq ft